Read e-book online Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites PDF
By Katie Cunningham
Get useful guidance for making your site obtainable to individuals with disabilities. With this guide, you’ll tips on how to layout or enhance a website that conforms to part 508 of the USA Rehabilitation Act—and within the procedure you’ll detect the best way to offer a greater consumer event for everyone.
The Accessibility Handbook introduces you to a number of audiences that experience trouble utilizing today’s complicated web content, together with individuals with blindness, listening to loss, actual disabilities, and cognitive problems. aid assistive applied sciences, and comprehend which fonts, colours, web page layouts, and different layout components paintings best—without having to exclude complex capabilities, rent outdoors support, or considerably elevate overhead.
Develop suggestions that accommodate:
- Complete blindness. Create a logical rfile move to help display readers
- Low imaginative and prescient and colour blindness. Optimize photographs and colour schemes, and confirm your web site enlarges gracefully
- Hearing impairment. supply video captions and visible signals for interactive features
- Physical disabilities. Make types, popups, and navigation more straightforward to use
- Cognitive disorders. Adapt fonts and textual content types for dyslexic clients, and layout constant, well-organized pages for individuals with ADHD
Read or Download Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites PDF
Best user experience & usability books
This quantity incorporates a number of papers at the most recent stories within the box of pcs and schooling. It comprises so much correct case stories and novel examine effects addressing technical and methodological points of pcs and educations. it's proper to researchers, practitioners, educating employees and builders operating in e-learning, computer-based schooling, academic software program, dispensed studying, lifelong studying, and open and distance studying.
The explosive progress of e-commerce and on-line environments has made the difficulty of data seek and choice more and more critical; clients are overloaded by way of concepts to think about they usually would possibly not have the time or wisdom to in my view assessment those ideas. Recommender platforms have confirmed to be a worthwhile approach for on-line clients to deal with the data overload and became some of the most strong and renowned instruments in digital trade.
This e-book constitutes the lawsuits of the third overseas convention on E-Learning, E-Education, and on-line education, eLEOT 2016, held in Dublin, eire, August 31 – September 2, 2016. The 25 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 35 submissions. They concentrate on issues as augmented fact studying, mixed studying, studying analytics, cellular studying, digital studying environments.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the 18th foreign convention on synthetic Intelligence in schooling, AIED 2017, held in Wuhan, China, in June/July 2017. The 36 revised complete papers awarded including four keynotes, 37 poster, displays, four doctoral consortium papers, five papers, four workshop abstracts, and a couple of instructional abstracts have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 159 submissions.
- Transactions on Edutainment XIII (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Handbook of Linguistic Annotation
- Reinforcement Learning for Adaptive Dialogue Systems: A Data-driven Methodology for Dialogue Management and Natural Language Generation (Theory and Applications of Natural Language Processing)
- Agent Environments for Multi-Agent Systems IV: 4th International Workshop, E4MAS 2014 - 10 Years Later, Paris, France, May 6, 2014, Revised Selected and ... Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Suchmaschinen: User Experience, Usability und nutzerzentrierte Website-Gestaltung (X.media.press) (German Edition)
- Design Process Improvement: A review of current practice
Additional info for Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites
Accessibility Handbook: Making 508 Compliant Websites by Katie Cunningham